Skim Peduli Kesihatan for the B40 group or PeKa B40 is a Government initiative via the Ministry of Health which aims to sustain the healthcare needs of low income groups by focusing on non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
PeKa B40 is offered to Malaysian citizens in the bottom 40% household income range, also known as the B40 group.
Recipients of the Bantuan Prihatin Rakyat (previously known as Bantuan Sara Hidup (BSH)) and their spouses aged 40 and above are automatically eligible for PeKa B40. No special registration is required to join PeKa B40.
Who Eligible For This Scheme
PeKa B40 Benefits
Procedure for Availing of the Benefits of PeKa B40
Step 1 : Check your eligibility.
Step 2 : If deemed eligible, visit the nearest PeKa B40 clinic, which can be identified by the PeKa B40 icon , and make sure to bring your MyKad.
Step 3 : A medical checkup will be performed during your first visit to the clinic.
Step 4 : A second visit to find out laboratory test results from the doctor, as well as follow-up action, i.e. either referral to one of MOH Facility, or MOH’s Healthy and Active Program (Program Sihat Cergas).
Info for General Practitioners
- No MCO/TPA involvement
- No registration or retainer fees
- No fee-splitting between GPs and laboratories
- No payment to laboratory required. Consumables will be provided by the registered laboratories.
- No need to purchase special IT systems
- Potential to gain new clients
- Helps the low-income B40 group
- Involvement is voluntary
- First Visit: History taking, physical examination, blood & urine collection;
- Second Visit: Consultation to review laboratory results and provide a referral if necessary.
- Patient’s History
- Medical and Surgical History
- Family History
- Social History
- Screening of Symptoms and Risk Factors
- Screening of Mental Health Symptoms
- Physical Examination
- Weight, Height, BMI (automatic calculation);
- Vital signs
- General Examination & Systemic Examination
- Clinical Breast Examination (CBE)
- Digital Rectal Examination (DRE) (if indicated)
- Laboratory Tests
- Full Blood Count
- Renal Profile with estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR)
- Random Lipid Profile
- Urine Biochemistry
- Clinics are free to choose whichever laboratory as long as it is registered
- There are no transactions between clinics and laboratories.
- The laboratory will provide consumables for specimen collection.
- The laboratory will collect specimens from the clinic.
- Results of tests will be uploaded to the database by the laboratory.
- Laboratories that are registered (as of now):
- BP Lab
- Pantai Premier
- Innoquest Diagnostics
- First Visit: Direct payment to Clinic – RM 40
- Second Visit : Direct payment to Clinic – RM 20
- Based on the following authorisation:
- Table 7 of the 2006 Regulations of Private Healthcare Facilities and Services (Private Medical Clinics or Private Dental Clinics) – the Private Healthcare Facilities and Services Act 1998
- Payment will be made twice a month.
- Clinic must have ‘Borang B’ or ‘F.’
- Clinic must be registered as ‘General Private Clinic.’
- Clinics registered as ‘Specialist Private Clinic’ and ‘Private General Medical Clinic with Aesthetic Services as area of interest,’ are exempted from participating in this pioneer project for now.
- Medical Practitioners (Officer Incharge) must be registered with the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC).
- Medical Practitioners (Officer Incharge) must possess a valid Annual Practicing Certificate (APC).
- Clinic facility must be equipped with a telephone line, Internet access, computers and printers.
Clinic registration must be made in the name of the “Person Incharge” as stated in the Certificate of Registration of Clinic. Documents that need to be uploaded are:
- Certificate of registration to conduct a private clinic (Borang B or Borang F)
- Certificate of full registration with the MMC for the person in charge
- Annual Practicing Certificate for the person in charge (latest APC)
- Bank account proof
- Should there be a violation of the declaration, the agreement with the clinic shall be terminated.
- Click ‘Register My Clinic Now’ button below.
- Read the Terms & Conditions and select ‘Agree’.
- Fill in the online form.
- Upload the required documents into the system
- ProtectHealth will review and approve the application
- Once approved, the GP will receive an email notification with a link to formalise the registration
- After registering, download e-LOA from the system and sign the Declaration of Acceptance
- Upload the signed Declaration of Acceptance into the system
- This sticker will be provided by ProtectHealth once you have been accepted as ProtectHealth Partner
- Please display this sticker on the main entrance of your clinic so that recipients of PeKa B40 may identify your clinic as a PeKa B40 clinic.