30 DECEMBER 2021 – Pursuant to the announcement made by the Minister of Health YB Khairy Jamaluddin on 28 December 2021, Malaysia has made a revision to the booster dose vaccination interval period to three months including for COVID-19 booster shots for Pfizer and AstraZeneca (AZ) recipients.
This is a continuous Government effort to ensure the wellbeing and health of its people based on the latest evidence including protection against Omicron variant.
In line with the above, MySejahtera will issue appointments as per the latest eligibility and prioritisation by age and health.
ProtectHealth advises those who are eligible and have not received the MySejahtera appointment yet, they may register on the waitlist at the vaccination centres (PPV) of their choice.
These are the steps to be taken:
- Go to the ProtectHealth’s website http://www.protecthealth.com.my and select Find Vaccination Centre (PPV) https://vaksincovid.protecthealth.com.my/find.
- Find your preferred vaccination centre (PPV) registered under ProtectHealth. The vaccination centre (PPV) list will be updated from time to time.
- Call your preferred or nearest PPV for registration. You may also e-mail or go to the PPV to register. Individuals are advised to register at one (1) PPV of a private health facility to avoid double booking.
- Those who have successfully registered will be on a waitlist after the registration and will be contacted by the ProtectHealth PPV in the event of an appointment cancellation or no shows by others who have appointments via MySejahtera.
- Visit the PPV to obtain your booster dose based on the appointment given.
In addition, there are also off-site vaccination centres (PPVs), which are also listed on our website, with the capacity ranging from 500 to 3,000 booster doses given per day.
The list is as per appendix. Please follow similar steps as mentioned above to register at these off-site PPVs.
Those who have already received an appointment for the booster dose on MySejahtera, please:
- Proceed with the designated PPV to be vaccinated on the date of the appointment.
- Do not put yourself on any waitlist.
Registration for the waitlist at the ProtectHealth vaccination centres (PPVs) is FREE.
We urge members of the public who are eligible for the booster dose and have an appointment to be vaccinated immediately.
To date, there are 1,951 private health facility PPVs (private clinics, private specialist hospitals, private hospitals and ambulatory care centres), 76 off-site PPVs and 72 outreach PPVs under ProtectHealth.
As of 28 December 2021, a total of 3,975,744 booster doses have been administered since commencement on 27 October 2021.
ProtectHealth through private medical practitioners and healthcare NGOs will continue to assist and work together with the Ministry of Health to expedite and maximise the implementation of the National COVID-19 Immunisation Programme (PICK) Booster.
Lindung Diri, Lindung Semua.
PROTECTHEALTH CORPORATION SDN. BHD.